16.6.07

I'm really Late with this post.....

Meet "C". C was one of my 5th grade students from this past school year. During library week, the students participated in dress-up day, and C went all out. I used this day to take photos for a classroom Mother's Day project. With permission from C's mom, I just had to share them here. Isn't he just the cutest?!?!


The students were all dressed to the nines, and I had them stand outside like so......

Then I made tiny slits in the photo and ran a silk flower through the slits. The photos were then framed without the glass, and walla!! The cutest Mother's Day project ever!! :)

Here is the line up before we packaged them.

You should have heard my kids in the background, "Mrs. Uphold...you're taking pictures of pictures?!?!" Um, yeah........ :/

They were a hit with the mom's and a blast to make. I've been wanting to share this project for awhile, but I've just now gotten around to it.

Ok, this photo is completely random and has nothing to do with the Mother's Day project, except......that when I had my camera out, I happened to see this. One of the very best parts of being a teacher is how hilarious, innocent, and just plain cute my kids are. How could you not love coming to work everyday when you get to witness stuff like this? This happened to be "P's" latest fashion idea, and she was sporting it while getting ready for her spelling test.

Am I glad summer is here? Yes! However, the end of this school year was very hard for me. I had an extraordinary bunch of students that I just love with my whole heart. If any of you guys are reading this, you know how much I miss you!! Make sure you come back to see me next year. You can leave me a comment at the bottom of this post, too! I'd love to hear from you. And remember.....the rest is still Unwritten! ;)

Love,
Mrs. Uphold




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Positively brilliant!

Anonymous said...

Sam,
You are truly the GREATEST!
I miss chatting...we'll have to get together soon!

Anonymous said...

hey mrs. uphold, this is amber, rachel,carissa,morgan,and rachel's little sis a.k.a. lil palmer. we miss you sooooooo much!!!!!! carissa says hi to mr. duzan. can you tell him for her? thanks bye

p.s u r an awesome teacher!! we miss u alot. your photos are awesome!!