30.7.07

Inside Out Dolls






I have donated my time this summer toward a cause/business that I truly believe in. Two local woman, Kate and Carol, (they are actually identical twins - so cool!) are in the process of creating a line of dolls called the "Inside Out Dolls". Kate, is the mother of a student of mine. She approached me during the school year, and asked if I would be interested in helping her and her sister by taking photos of real girls for their doll line. Once I heard the basis for the line of dolls, I was sold. "Beauty from the Inside Out" and the Fruits of the Spirit are the premise for the dolls. Each doll will have a specific character trait. The first 5 dolls will be Patience, Self-Control, Kindness, Joy, and Love. I think this ides is wonderful, and I am honored that they chose me to pick the "Inside Out" girls and photograph them. Each one of the following little ladies are very near and dear to my heart, and they were a blast to work with!! Look for more news on the Inside Out Dolls to be coming soon!




I have to give a little background on this first set of photos. Some of you may recognize Roury from a session back in March. My husband worked with Roury's father, Dustin. They were great friends. It's been a tragic time for little Roury and her family, as her father passed away three months ago. The photos taken below are in her father's memorial garden. She was very happy with the idea of taking photos while working in her Daddy's garden. For everyone who knew Dustin, it's impossible to look at Roury and not see Dustin's smile shining through hers. Roury and her sister Alexis were blessed with an incredible father. They have a long road ahead of them, but I know their Daddy is watching over them from above.


Roury - Patience





Sarah - Self-Control






Kaitlynn - Kindness






Kylee - Joy





Love will be coming up soon!!!

No comments: