17.2.08

Birth Photography

Who knew Scott Baio would bring me to this post??? Charles in Charge? Seriously?? I'm sorry, but he's such a schmuck on his reality show, Scott Baio is 46 and Pregnant. However, I can't help but love celebrity reality, and I was indulging tonight. Scott Baio and Renee had their daughter on national TV, and I was sitting at home, CRYING watching the still clips from her birth. It takes a certain kind of couple to want to have a photographer present at a birth, but it is becoming more popular. I've never seriously considered photographing a birth, but this episode got me thinking. Capturing special moments is exhilarating. I can't think of any moment in a couple's life that could top the birth of their child. After watching the raw, beautiful, and once in a lifetime emotions captured, I'm sold on the idea. If anyone knows anyone who is interested, let me know. I'd love to capture those moments for someone.

One great example of birth photography.... I cry every time I watch this slide show. Michelle is an amazing photographer out of Texas, a wonderful woman, and a colleague that I truly admire. Grab the Kleenex and enjoy.

PinkleToes Birth Photography

2 comments:

Caits said...

I couldn't agree more about Scott Baio...he gets on my nerves so badly!

My sister has asked me to photograph the birth of her first in September. It's a pretty crazy notion, but I'm excited!

Unknown said...

Wow, hon. Thank you so much. I am honored. Wow.