28.1.08

Countdown to the New Site!!





So, I've been promising a contest for awhile now, and it is coming!  Cross my heart.  I'm just waiting to kick off the contest with the launch of my brand new website.  You may have noticed some changes to the blog lately, and that is because I've been working hard behind the scenes to create a new look for my business.  The last website was thrown together as best as I possibly knew how. With this one, I'm taking my time and making it killer!!  I'm very excited, but things are taking a bit longer than expected.


The new logo above is an indication of the direction I am moving.  So far,  I'm really loving the new logo and colors.  They are so much more *me*.  I can't wait to share the new site with you, and I'll reveal it ASAP.


Until then.....I've decided to share something new each day. What better to share than the things you love?  A'la Oprah's Favorite Things minus the extravagant budget.  Oh, and I'm not giving them to you. Sorry.  You'll have to go get them yourself if you are so inclined.   I know I always am much more willing to use something that someone has actually tried before.  So, I'm sharing my leg work with you.  Each day until I launch the site and the contest I'll post about something that rocks my socks (the ambiguity of the amount of days is because 1. I have no idea quite how long this is going to take and 2. I think I'll work faster/better under pressure if I know I have to come up with something new to share everyday. :P  ). 


Today's thing that I LOVE are these books called Flatten Me.  I just ordered one for my niece's birthday.  It's not here yet, but I will post a review as soon as it comes in.  Basically, you submit one photo of your child, and they create a story with his/her name and photo.  They are sooooooo cute, and I can't wait for Kylee to get this.  She is such an avid, amazing reader.  And she just turned 7 today!  I'm a bad aunt, in that I didn't plan for it to get here in time.  Thank goodness 7 year olds have better things to worry about.  In fact, when her mother looked at her last night and told her she needed to stop growing up (which she hears from me almost everytime I see her), her response was,  "Mom....Life happens."  Seriously?  I love that kid.  She never fails to crack me up.  I should have just posted her photo here today, 'cuz I love that kid sooooo much.  But, none of you can go get here - we're keeping her.  So, go get yourself a flatten me book, because they are super cute. 

No comments: